Hey there readers.
After connecting with some blogging networks online I came across viral blogging awards and as per my Liebster Blogging Award, I have also been nominated for the Sunshine Blogging Award.
Thank you to Nikki’s Talk for the nomination, an Indian lifestyle blogger and total sweetheart. I will nominate 5 other bloggers at the end of this post and ask them my tailored questions. Here are my answers to Nikki’s questions:
1.What is the most difficult thing in blogging according to you?
I think the hardest thing has to be working on something very personal, and posting it onto the wide wide web. Once it is published and read there is no taking back what someone learns about us. Although the feedback I have gotten has been exclusively positive, it is still hard to reveal things about myself on the internet where I can be judged and criticized.
2.What are the three things you love about blogging?
The three greatest things that have happened to me since blogging are connecting with a community including strangers who I have never met, acquaintances who I have gotten to know better, and people very close to me who get to know details I have never talked about before, getting feedback about my experiences and opinions, and having a log of my thoughts to look back on.
3. What is that one thing you regret (in blogging or in life)?
Since the rest of these questions are blog-centric, I will follow with the theme and answer with my biggest blogging regret. I think sometimes I let my own fears and insecurities seep into my blog. I try to keep an objective perspective but it has happened that my emotions have gotten the best of me and have projected them on to unwitting people. I’m working on it.
4. What’s your blogging goal for this year?
I wouldn’t say I have a ‘numbered’ blogging goal in terms of number of posts or followers but just to continue expressing myself in my own way. Often when I start writing, a narrative emerges and I realize how I feel about something. It’s all about the process and I develop my thoughts as I write and do research. I’d like to continue revisiting my experience with leukemia and mental health, write more fun and inspiring listicles, as well as explore and feature female personas who inspire me and share what I learn along the way. Another thing I’d really like is continue my guest blogging endeavours that you can find on my ‘About’ page.
5. What is that one thing you wish to improve (as per your blog)?
I’d love to get on a more routine posting schedule which as it is right now is sometimes three posts in a week and sometimes three weeks without posting. My schedule is very unpredictable. I have tried in the past a Friday posting schedule but it was hard to wait to share content that I thought was pertinent and also come up with something when I had writer’s block. I try to post when it is most meaningful and relevant and sometimes this means scattered posts but this is something else I’m working on.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the nominee has asked you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Ask them new questions.
- List the rules and let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- Who, alive or dead, would you most want to share your blog with and why?
- If one of your posts were to go viral, which one would you want it to be and why?
- If you could be featured on any website, which one would it be and why?
- What are your top 3 tips and/or pieces of advice for new bloggers?
- What is your favourite inspirational quote or lyric?
Here are my nominees:
- French Allure, for Montreal-based fashion
- Kendra Annette, for all things millennial wellness
- Lesley Diana, for an of-the-now lifestyle perspective
- Bloggerissa, for makeup reviews and new-beauty
- Carolanne Johnson, a variety and quality lifestyle blogger
Can’t wait to read your answers, ladies! Have fun!