Recently I’ve been looking for ways to spread the word about my blog and connect with the blogging community. After joining some pages on Facebook, and creating one of my own as this seems to be the best way to connect with an extended network, I threw my name into a thread for the Liebster Blogging Award and to my surprise, I was nominated!
I’d like to thank clever and crafty (literally) Mishelle from Mish Mallow for this nomination. She chose some good questions and I will answer them to the very utmost of my ability! Here we go!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I actually wrote my first post about this. I had been posting long rants to my Facebook and I thought I could find a more ‘appropriate’ forum for my thoughts and opinions. After I switched venues the blog became a creature of its own.
2. What is one thing you do every day that makes you happy?
Coffee. I love coffee. I adore coffee. Is it clear how much I like coffee? Whether at home checking up on the morning news, on the road to daily activities, or with a friend/family member in a local coffee shop, my morning coffee is a time for me to connect with the happenings, my environment, or my loved ones.
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In high school I was part of a cultural enrichment group and we went to Athens, 6 Greek islands and 1 Turkish island. I instantly fell in love with Mykonos. I’d love to go back and explore some other islands and now, over 10 years later, fall in love with Greece all over again. We had gyros on every single island.
4. What is your favourite hobby?
I have a few. and really can’t choose. Of course, I have really enjoyed developing my blog in the past year, and I am enthralled by live music; big arena, little hole in the wall, as long as I can get in the same room with one of my role models it’s a dream come true. Another hobby that has really changed my life is adult colouring and tangling. It’s a meditation. It’s fun.
Here is an example of one of my tangles:
…and my adult colouring:
5. What are your blogging goals for this coming year?
I wouldn’t say I have any ‘numbered’ goals in terms of followers or posts, I just go with the flow but I’d like to connect more with the blogging community as well as a wider audience. I’m also a guest blogger and you can find the links on my About page.
6. How do you keep yourself inspired?
My family are definitely my biggest supporters and I write for myself, but also to explore with them and give them a first-hand account of what I was feeling when I went through cancer and when dealing with my mental illness. There is so much taboo surrounding these topics that I try to be as honest as possible to really give a clear picture of what it is like to live with these conditions… and when that doesn’t work a short search and scroll through Instagram‘s “quote of the day” is sure to give me major inspo.
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chicken pita Souvlaki. Hands down.
8. What were you doing this time last year?
I was a student.
9. Cats or dogs?
Ugh. Tough choice. I’ve only ever had a cat. I dream of /wish to/aspire to have a dog some day… My former roommate had a dog whom I adored named Theo (pictured below) but the full-time responsibility terrifies me. If it was joint custody I think I could get away with bribing my way out of the below 30 degree Celcius early morning walks we get here in Canada.
10. If you were to give any advice to other new bloggers, what would it be?
Write for you. It’s so important that you enjoy the process of writing and really get out of it what you put into it.
Thanks for playing along!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you
- Upload the award to your blog
- Answer the questions you have been asked
- Nominate five bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated, anyone can be nominated more than once to provide others more chances to learn about their work
Here are my five nominations and questions:
Peter Rabbit’s Hollow, my fellow Pinterest addict and Bumble BFF.
Simply Khloe, my go-to for all generation Z news
Classy and Unique, ultimate beauty, fashion, lifestyle blogger and my modern muse
The Honest Father, my new #mcm errday
Spèshel, Montreal mogul and world dominator
Okay bloggers! Now that you’ve been nominated here are my questions for you:
- Describe your blog in three words or three small phrases.
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is the most essential post of yours for new fans to read?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
- What’s your greatest accomplishment/proudest moment?
- What’s something most people would be surprised to learn about you?
- What is top on your Bucket List?
- Name your top #mcm and top #wcw
- What’s your favourite social media M.O. and why?